Thursday, September 9, 2010

Reflection (pre show)

With a month of the rehearsal process left the piece is definitely starting to take shape. The 'world' Davina and I seem to be creating is one where love gets  - interrupted-  through a series of miscommunications.

In taking on a theme as broad as 'LOVE' we seem to be adding complexity through negotiating a series of 'events' that reflect our different interpretation of the theme.

I think in embracing these differences we will make the piece more engaging and hopefully create a 'moving' piece of work.

I guess where I would like to go from here is to revisit some of the earlier ideas about 'representation' and 'hyper realism' - to infuse the piece inter textually. Multimedia was central to our original thoughts on creating this work as was themes  of cultural jamming.

I hope to make a piece of work that affects, engages and moves. I want to confront, inspire and open spaces for dialogue , thought provocation and reflection

No comments:

Post a Comment